Service Menu

    Working Abroad Accidents

    If you are a UK national but are working abroad whether it be during a gap year, a voluntary project or a business trip and you become injured through that work then you may be able to claim compensation.

    What kind of accident can I claim for?

    You can claim for any accident that happened as a result of your employers negligence for example slips, trips and falls in the workplace, or if you have not been given the correct training or equipment for the job you are doing and become injured. The injuries you might suffer depend on the way in which you were injured. You could suffer minor cuts and bruise, broken bones, head or spine injuries such as concussion, in the most serious of cases you might suffer from burns or scarring, paralysis or other life changing injuries.

    Contact Our Personal Injury Team Today

    Scot Accident Claims Is Regarded At Scotland’s Leading Personal Injury Firm.

    How much time do I have to claim compensation?

    Our team of highly trained personal injury solicitors can lead you through the claims process.

    After you have been injured you have a set period of time in which to start the process to claim for compensation. The amount of time you have to make a claim will depend on the laws in the country in which you were injured. In Scotland there is a three year time limit however, in European countries the time limit is shorter. It is important that you start the process to claim compensation as soon as you are able after the accident.

    Scot Accident Claims Can Help Today

    Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Make A Claim And Get The Compensation You Deserve.

    How much compensation am I entitled too?

    The amount of compensation you might be able to claim in wholly dependent on the circumstances of your accident. Your lawyer will be able to advise you further when they know the full circumstances of your accident.


    What should I do if I have an accident abroad?

    If you have an accident abroad no matter how small you should always seek medical assistance. If you are able to you should try and collect evidence of your accident this could be photographs of where the accident occurred or speaking to witnesses that witnessed your accident. You might also want to keep a diary of the how you feel after the accident and the difficulties you are facing each day as a result, you can also keep a record of your symptoms, hospital appointments and how long you spent in hospital.


    Can I use a lawyer in the UK if my accident happened abroad?

    Trying to negotiate another countries legal system can be daunting and complicated. Our lawyers in Scotland are increasingly able to pursue European road traffic accidents here. It is important to gain advice from a local lawyer in the country of your accident so you will know what to expect.


    Who do I claim compensation from?

    Your employer has a duty to make sure that you are safe at work whether that be at home or abroad. If the accident happened as a result of their negligence then you will be able to claim compensation from them.



    Our Injury Solicitors In Glasgow & Scotland Have A Strong Record In Achieving Great Settlements For Our Clients. Read Some Of Our Testimonials Below.

    Bryan Jones


    Very efficient, professional service provided. Minimal fuss and clear communication. Highly recommend.

    Jason Hart


    Was in need of urgent advice and Greg was on hand and offered fantastic advice and recommendations.

    Ryan Johnston


    The team really tried their best to make sure I got the best settlement possible. Great communication and a very in depth knowledge of road traffic claims.