Service Menu

    Traffic Accidents Abroad

    If you are abroad whether for work or on holiday and you are in a road traffic accident, no matter whether you are the driver, the passenger, cyclist or pedestrian then you may be able to claim compensation.


    How much time do I have to claim compensation?

    After you have been involved in a road traffic accident you have a set period of time in which to start the process to claim for compensation. The amount of time you have to make a claim will depend on the laws in the country in which you were injured. In Scotland there is a three year time limit however, in European countries the time limit is shorter. It is important that you start the process to claim compensation as soon as you are able after the accident.

    Contact Our Personal Injury Team Today

    Scot Accident Claims Is Regarded At Scotland’s Leading Personal Injury Firm.

    What kind of injuries might I suffer?

    Our team of highly trained personal injury solicitors can lead you through the claims process.

    The injuries you might suffer completely depend on the type of road traffic accident you are involved in. You could suffer from minor injuries such as cuts and bruises, to broken bones, to more life changing injuries such as scars and burns to paralysis and even death.

    What can I do to avoid becoming injured?

    If you are taking your car abroad or hiring one when you arrive it is important to educate yourself before you go on traffic laws and regulations. For example, in European countries they drive on the right side of the road instead of the left, they may also have different road signs or different alcohol limits before you drive. To make sure you stay safe it is important that you make sure you comply with all of these.

    Scot Accident Claims Can Help Today

    Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Make A Claim And Get The Compensation You Deserve.

    How much compensation am I entitled too?

    The amount of compensation you might be able to claim is wholly dependent on the circumstances of your accident. Your lawyer will be able to advise you further when they know the full circumstances of your accident.

    What should I do if I am in an accident abroad?

    If you are in a road traffic accident abroad no matter how small you should always seek medical assistance. You should also speak to the police to get a record of the accident. You might also need a police reference number if you plan on claiming compensation from the insurance company. If you are able to you should try and collect evidence of your accident this could be photographs of where the accident occurred or speaking to witnesses that witnessed your accident.

    Can I use a lawyer in the UK if my accident happened abroad?

    Trying to negotiate another countries legal system can be daunting and complicated. Our lawyers in Scotland are increasingly able to pursue European road traffic accidents here. It is important to gain advice from a local lawyer in the country of your accident so you will know what to expect.

    Who do I claim compensation from?

    Most European countries have law where you do not need to prove who was at fault for the accident. Once you speak to one of our expert lawyers they will be able to advise you further.


    Our Injury Solicitors In Glasgow & Scotland Have A Strong Record In Achieving Great Settlements For Our Clients. Read Some Of Our Testimonials Below.

    Bryan Jones


    Very efficient, professional service provided. Minimal fuss and clear communication. Highly recommend.

    Jason Hart


    Was in need of urgent advice and Greg was on hand and offered fantastic advice and recommendations.

    Ryan Johnston


    The team really tried their best to make sure I got the best settlement possible. Great communication and a very in depth knowledge of road traffic claims.