Service Menu

    Cryptosporidium Claims

    Every country has different ways of preparing food and water which could be very different from the way food and water is prepared in the UK. The country may also have different ways or regulating food businesses and some might have no regulations at all. If you have been on a package holiday and have suffered from food poisoning due to the Cyclospora then you may be able to claim compensation.

    Can I claim compensation?

    While you are on holiday it is your tour operators job to make sure that you are safe and well. If you booked your holiday as part of a package deal then you will be covered by The Package Travel Regulations 1992 this legislation allows you to make a claim against your tour operator.

    Contact Our Personal Injury Team Today

    Scot Accident Claims Is Regarded At Scotland’s Leading Personal Injury Firm.

    What is Cyclospora?

    Our team of highly trained personal injury solicitors can lead you through the claims process.

    Cyclospora is a parasite that is spread through contaminated food or water. It is most commonly found in subtropical regions of the world including Mexico. If you are travelling to a country in which cyclospora could be a risk then your tour operator should be doing everything in their power to minimise the risk of you contracting the parasite.

    What are the symptoms of Cyclospora?

    Some of the main symptoms of Cyclospora are:

    • Abdominal cramps
    • Nausea
    • Fatigue
    • Fever
    • Diarrhoea

    Cyclospora has an incubated period of between two and eleven days meaning that you might only become ill once you are home from your holiday. Symptoms of the illness can last for between 9 and 43 days.

    Scot Accident Claims Can Help Today

    Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Make A Claim And Get The Compensation You Deserve.

    What should I do if I become ill?

    If you become ill and you think it might be because of cyclospora then you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should also make a note of conditions at the hotel you are staying including the food and water as this could help you claim compensation when you get home. You should also make notes about the details of your illness the treatment you received and any expenses you have incurred.

    What can I claim compensation for?

    You can claim compensation for any expenses incurred while you were on holiday such as medical bills, you can also claim compensation for loss of earnings if you couldn’t work after you returned home from holiday. Your Scot Accident Claims lawyer will be able to advise you what you can claim compensation for when they know the individual details of your case.


    How long do I have to claim compensation?

    You have three years after the date you first became ill to claim compensation. You should speak to a lawyer as soon as you are able too, to start your claim.


    How much compensation can I claim?

    The amount of compensation you can claim depends on the individual circumstances of your illness. Your lawyer will be able to advise you once they know the circumstances of your illness.


    How long can a claim take?

    This is dependent on the circumstances of your claim. Your lawyer will be able to advise you once they know the circumstances of your illness.


    Our Injury Solicitors In Glasgow & Scotland Have A Strong Record In Achieving Great Settlements For Our Clients. Read Some Of Our Testimonials Below.

    Bryan Jones


    Very efficient, professional service provided. Minimal fuss and clear communication. Highly recommend.

    Jason Hart


    Was in need of urgent advice and Greg was on hand and offered fantastic advice and recommendations.

    Ryan Johnston


    The team really tried their best to make sure I got the best settlement possible. Great communication and a very in depth knowledge of road traffic claims.