Service Menu

    Cruise Ship Claims

    If you are a UK citizen and have suffered a criminal injury abroad then you may be able to claim compensation. Below, we have outlined the most common questions you might have after a criminal injury. If you have any more questions please get in touch with our expert lawyers who will be able to advise you further.


    What is a criminal injury?

    A criminal injury is an injury that you have sustained as a result of criminal violence. The criminal violence could be an assault, mugging, rape and sexual assaults or violent attacks including shootings.

    Contact Our Personal Injury Team Today

    Scot Accident Claims Is Regarded At Scotland’s Leading Personal Injury Firm.

    How do I claim compensation?

    Our team of highly trained personal injury solicitors can lead you through the claims process.

    If you were injured in the UK then you would apply to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for compensation. If you are injured within the European Union then the country will have a similar criminal compensation scheme to CICA. In the first instance you should visit the embassy in either the capital city of the country you are visiting or if possible in the city or area where your accident happened. The Embassy should be able to put you in touch with criminal injury compensation lawyers who speak the same language as you and will be able to explain what you can do next.

    What injuries might I suffer?

    The type of injuries you might suffer is totally dependent on the circumstances of how you became injured. You could suffer minor injuries such as bruises and cuts, orthopaedic injuries such as broken bones to more serious injuries such as head and spine injuries like concussion, paralysis or even death.

    Scot Accident Claims Can Help Today

    Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Make A Claim And Get The Compensation You Deserve.

    What should I do after a crime has been committed?

    If you are injured as a result of a crime then you should always seek medical attention no matter how small you think your injuries are. You should also call the local police as they will be able to investigate the crime further and provide you with a reference which you might need to claim compensation. Although the police should collect evidence of the accident, you can collect your own evidence such as photographs of where the accident occurred or speaking to anyone who might have witnessed what happened. You could also keep a note or a diary of any symptoms you suffer as well as hospital appointments and any difficulties you have with everyday life after you were injured.


    How much compensation can I claim?

    The amount of compensation you will be able to claim is dependent on the individual circumstances of your claim.


    How long will my claim take?

    This depends entirely on the individual circumstances of your claim. Your Scot Accident Claims will be able to advise you once they know the circumstances of your claim.


    How long do I have to make a claim?

    After you have injured as a result of a violent act you have a set period of time in which to start the process to claim for compensation. The amount of time you have to make a claim will depend on the laws in the country in which you were injured. It is important that you start the process to claim compensation as soon as you are able after the accident.



    Our Injury Solicitors In Glasgow & Scotland Have A Strong Record In Achieving Great Settlements For Our Clients. Read Some Of Our Testimonials Below.

    Bryan Jones


    Very efficient, professional service provided. Minimal fuss and clear communication. Highly recommend.

    Jason Hart


    Was in need of urgent advice and Greg was on hand and offered fantastic advice and recommendations.

    Ryan Johnston


    The team really tried their best to make sure I got the best settlement possible. Great communication and a very in depth knowledge of road traffic claims.