Service Menu

    Accidents On Ship Abroad

    If you are on a ship whether it be for work or holiday and you become injured then you might be able to claim compensation. Whether it be an injury for a slip trip or fall accident, whether you fall overboard or you suffer from food poisoning or any other disease while you are abroad if you can show your injury was due to the ship operators fault then you will be able to claim compensation from them.


     What accidents can I claim for?

    You can claim compensation for not only accidents on board the ship such as slips, trips and falls but also food poisoning, drowning or contracting a disease. In most cases it will be necessary to show that the ship operators were at fault for your accident.

    Contact Our Personal Injury Team Today

    Scot Accident Claims Is Regarded At Scotland’s Leading Personal Injury Firm.

    How long do I have to make a claim for compensation?

    Our team of highly trained personal injury solicitors can lead you through the claims process.

    For accidents on board a ship, both the Athens Convention and United Kingdom domestic equivalent have a strict two year time limit. This means that you must either have settled the claim within two years or began court proceedings. Therefore you should speak to a lawyer about the accident as soon as you are able.

    What injuries might I suffer?

    The injuries you might suffer wholly depend on the circumstances of your accident. Your injuries could include cuts and bruises, broken bones, food poisoning illnesses, to the more serious life changing accidents such as head and neck injuries, paralysis, drowning or even death.

    Scot Accident Claims Can Help Today

    Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Make A Claim And Get The Compensation You Deserve.

    How much compensation am I entitled too?

    The amount of compensation you might be able to claim is wholly dependent on the circumstances of your accident. Your lawyer will be able to advise you further when they know the full circumstances of your accident.


    What should I do if I am in an accident abroad?

    If you are in an accident on board a ship no matter how small you should always seek medical assistance. You should also make sure you report your accident to the carrier and that an accurate accident report is completed. If you are able to you should try and collect evidence of your accident this could be photographs of where the accident occurred or speaking to witnesses that witnessed your accident.


    Who do I claim compensation from?

    Depending on how you were injured you should be able to claim compensation from the ships operators, as it is their duty to make sure that you are safe and the proper Health and Safety Regulations are followed while you are on board their ship. If you have become injured due to their negligence then you will be able to claim compensation against them.


    How long does a claim take?

    There is no set time on how long it will take for you to settle your claim. This would all depend on the seriousness of your accident and your individual claim. Your specialist lawyer will be able to advise you further once they know the individual circumstances of your claim.


    Our Injury Solicitors In Glasgow & Scotland Have A Strong Record In Achieving Great Settlements For Our Clients. Read Some Of Our Testimonials Below.

    Bryan Jones


    Very efficient, professional service provided. Minimal fuss and clear communication. Highly recommend.

    Jason Hart


    Was in need of urgent advice and Greg was on hand and offered fantastic advice and recommendations.

    Ryan Johnston


    The team really tried their best to make sure I got the best settlement possible. Great communication and a very in depth knowledge of road traffic claims.